Sunday, May 30, 2010

Week 8 & 9 The moving image - Final Cut Pro

I am fairly disappointed that i missed this week working with Final Cut Pro, esp as i need to use it for my final works.
I have never used Final Cut or made a video before and this is definitely an area of digital art i am very interested in. Ken briefly showed me today how to use Final Cut pro to blur a motion project.

In motion - duplicate layer and add mask. On the mask select the bezier tool, then drag the bezier tool to the mask layer.
Select the last layer and add blur filter. Edit the filter and defocus the layer.

Ken gave me a copy of Final Cut Pro and the codes to run it (thank you Ken!) I found using final cut to be easier than imovie as it is similar to Protools, which i have used before.

I had a play around with some of the footage that i had, i still need alot more footage to create the effect i want. It looks so easy to cut and move the video on the timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment