Sunday, May 30, 2010

Week 10 Collage

Week 10 i have worked on creating a cd cover for the Arthouse with all the bands that play there.
I took a photograph of the gig chalk board with the bands playing on it. The board is a signature image for the Arthouse and has a lot of history with all the bands locally and internationally that have played there and had their band name on this board.
With the idea of making a cd for the Arthouse, i wanted to somehow portray visually all the bands that will be playing on the cd. And what other way to do this than to use the gig posters that are hanging on all the walls at the Arthouse. I took photos of them to create a collage that would go behind the board.
I cropped the image to just the board and created a new layer. I collaged all the photos on this new layer and transformed some of the images to rotate (create a realistic effect). Using google and the Photoshop help option i tried to find ways to create a cd shape. I finally found an option, but it requires action scripts, which i had to pay for. In the end i just experimented and I centred the board on the collage and using a the elliptical tool, i cut the image and copied them to a new file. This i repeated for the circle in the middle too.
Over all i think it looks rad and is exactly how i wanted it to look. It incorporates all the bands that will be playing on the cd and that all play live at the Arthouse.




No comments:

Post a Comment